January 13, 2021 – Virtual meeting held via closed ZOOM
7:03pm – Call to Order by Temporary Chair Scott Forbes
- Scott Forbes shared the land acknowledgement and thanked the group for their hard work this past year.
- Gina Topp shared code of conduct, and making the meetings efficient, safe, and open for all
- Zoom logistics – Carla provided points for using mute, raise hand, and vote mechanisms.
Appointing Temporary Officers
Scott Forbes, First Vice Chair of the King County Democrats, appointed the following temporary officers:
- Ben Johnson – Sergeant at Arms
- Gina Topp – Chair
- Sara Smith – Secretary
- Tally committee – Jordan Crawley, Dawn Rains and Leah Griffin
Agenda and Meeting Rules
- Moved, seconded, and approved.
- Jordan Crawley listed the open nomination positions, tally committee, and reviewed the rules of nominations and voting.
Nominations and Voting
Art Chippendale raised a question whether only dues-paying members can be nominated.
Gina Topp clarified that membership does not require dues and any member can be nominated.
- Chair: Jeff Sbaih nominated Carla Rogers as Chair. Attendees voted and approved. Gina Topp transferred the gavel to Carla Rogers in a brief ceremony.
- First Vice Chair: Bunny Hatcher nominated Rachel Glass. Attendees voted and approved.
- Second Vice Chair: Chris Porter nominated and endorsed Jordan Crawley. Attendees voted and approved.
- State committee representatives: Ann Martin nominated Janine Anzolota and Jordan Crawley nominated Chris Porter. Unanimous votes to approve.
- King county democrat central committee: Rachel Glass nominated Norman Sigler, Bunny Hatcher nominated Leah Griffin, and Nick Bonazza nominated Richard O’Neil. Attendees voted and Jordan announced winners Leah Griffin 100% Normal Sigler 74% of the vote.
- King County Alternates: Rachel Glass and Julie Whitaker nominated Bunny Hatcher. Norman Sigler nominated Richard O’Neill. Unanimous vote for both candidates.
- Treasurer: Ann Martin nominated Julie Whitaker. Unanimous vote to affirm.
- Secretary: Colleen Hinton nominated Sara M. Smith. Unanimous vote to affirm.
Upcoming Events and Notes:
- Inauguration Watch Party on Jan 19th https://act.myngp.com/Forms/7588427292742780672
- State Inauguration Watch Party: https://act.myngp.com/Forms/7588427292742780672
- Speak Up survey in meetings going forward. https://forms.gle/S1VXqYMYNAGBd2wf7
- Feb 10 will be the first regular meeting at 6:30 social time, then the 7pm meeting start. More info coming soon.
- Please register EARLY for meetings, and note that Zoom links have your participant ID.
- Need someone tech savvy to provide support during meetings
- Need a Membership Chair and Fundraising Chair to lead existing committees
- Will be updating our Candidate Endorsement process.
Carla Rogers adjourned the meeting at 8:39 pm.