South King County Democrats Lead Organizer Job Announcement
The South King County Democrats is a project to empower and improve the diverse communities that live between the south end of Lake Washington and the border of Pierce County. These are communities that vary widely in terms of income and ethnicity. This project works to engage and empower citizens who have not registered, citizens who vote infrequently, and of course, citizens who want to engage fully in the political process. We will not only work to increase community engagement with this project but also celebrate the cultural diversity of South King County. It is a project of the King County Democrats.
South King County Democrats Lead Organizer
The South King County Democrats Lead Organizer will work with a diverse team of South King County residents, institutional political directors and community leaders to mobilize voters. The organizer motivates and empowers people to be effective advocates for justice in their communities.
Primary responsibilities of this job include registering and engaging voters through door-to-door outreach. The South King County Democrats Lead Organizer will also work in coalition with community, labor, faith, and immigrant organizations and small businesses that share our vision of an economy that works for all.
- Demonstrated commitment to fighting for racial, gender, and economic justice.
- Experience in community, political or labor organizing.
- Ability to develop and implement goals based on critical thinking about grassroots organizing strategy and tactics.
- Ability to work as part of a team, commitment to pitching in to help others.
- Experience working in an environment where diversity based on race, nationality, gender, age,
- sexual orientation and physical ability is an important value.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a car.
- Ability to speak a second language preferred. Desired languages include Spanish, Korean, Russian, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and creative.
- Effective oral and written communicator, values and fosters open communication, uses and understands the importance of active listening skills.
- Values self-improvement, able to accept praise and critical feedback and seeks evaluation.
- Experience with and commitment to working on racial justice issues and / or working in communities of color.
- Strong personal time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
The South King County Democrats Lead Organizer position is full-time with a competitive salary, health coverage after 90 days, and paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave. Evenings and weekends will be required.
South King County Democrats is an aggressive affirmative action employer. People of color, women, immigrants, people with disabilities, LGBTQ people, and people with low-income backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send your resume, cover letter, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org