Updated June 7, 2014
34th District Democrats' 19th Annual Garden Party - Luau At The Lake!
The 34th District Democrats' annual garden party is 6:00PM on Friday at the TAF (Technology Access Foundation) Bethaday Community Learning Center, 605 SW 108th St. Order your tickets and volunteer now, using the online form here. Here is a flyer you can download, print and post on your business or distribute when soliciting auction items. More information:
- Tom Pasma, professional auctioneer and Democratic activisit will be our auctioneer for a fun-filled evening. This year's theme is Luau At the Lake, with a Luau Buffet, cold beverages and surprises. There will be great food and both a silent and live auction:
Some new things this year:
- "Professional Auctioneer" Tom Pasma will be heading the live auction. Tom is a Democratic Party activist having been the 40th LD's Chair, a former state representative candidate currently representing the 40th as their State Committeeman. Tom, always the supportative Democrat, is offering his services this year to the 34th free of charge. Thank you, Tom!!
- "Change In Venue" from the West Seattle location to a White Center location. This was done not just to gain a larger venue but to support more the other communities of the 34th.
- " Table Captains" support the 34th by paying upfront for your table of 10, fill your table with family, friends, co-workers, etc to get a deal for yourself and each of your table mates at $40 each. You, as Table Captain, can pick your table location on a first come, first served basis as well as have a parking spot close to the venue reserved for you.
- "Transportation" gruru to help those with transportion issue make it to and from the auction.
Come join us for a great
We need your donations for the auction and your donations as volunteers. Download the donation form as a PDF here or as a Word document here.
This is our big fundraiser of the year and in order for it to be successful, we need your help. Garden Party chair and point of contact is Karen Chilcutt - 206-935-3216.
Most of the money we raise to support Democratic Party causes comes from our auction, and we need your help to make this important election year fundraiser a success.
Auction Items Are Needed!
- Gift certificates are always popular, especially those from restaurants. Most restaurants are happy to donate to our auction. It's good public relations for them, and most Democrats are happy to contribute to the cause.
- Perhaps there's a shop that you frequent and they know you. You could ask for a donation of an item in the shop, or perhaps a gift certificate.
- A gift of your time is always welcome, especially if it's time in the kitchen.
- A opportunity for a weekend trip (or longer) is always appreciated.
- Dinners at your home or theirs are popular.
- And everyone loves sweets. Consider donating a certificate for your specialty for the buyer to enjoy at a more convenient time.
- If you have an art item that you are tired of or just doesn't fit your style anymore, consider donating it.
But do remember, this is not a garage sale. Items need to be in excellent condition. These are just a few ideas. Democrats are creative people. We trust that you can come up with some pretty good ideas on your own.
Volunteers: Volunteers are needed before the auction to help with the planning and to solicit auction items, and lots of volunteers are needed for the day of the Garden Party. People are needed to check people in and to check people out; people to set up the silent auction; people to decorate the tables; people for all sorts of different tasks. Contact Garden Party chair Karen Chilcutt - 206-935-3216.
An archive of information about the 2012 auction is here, the 2011 auction is here, the 2009 auction here, about the 2008 auction is here, and about the 2007 auction is here, and for results and details about the 2006 Garden Party
Auction, click here.
Website Copyright 2014 34th District Democratic Organization
Send comments or questions to the Webmaster.